Finding a dental office you enjoy and can rely on can be a challenge. Fortunately, Goldstein Garber & Salama in Atlanta, Georgia is here to satisfy all your dental needs, whether you’re a new or returning patient or an in-state or out-of-state patient! The following will provide you with an overview of what to expect during your visit to our dental office. Feel free to call us at 404-261-4941 if you have any questions!
It can be easy to forget when you scheduled a dental appointment but now we're able to remind you with an Appointment Reminder via email or text message. And if it's your first visit, we'll be happy to provide driving directions. Just click on the link below to let us know how you'd like to be contacted. Please print, sign, and bring this with you on your next appointment. We'll do the rest!
Release of Records Form
Download the Release of Records Consent form. Please print, sign, and bring this with you on your next appointment.
You have the option of completing the new patient paperwork prior to your first appointment to ensure an expedient visit. Click the following link to download our new patient forms:
What to Expect at Your First Dentist Appointment
Smile and Relax
Let’s face it… few things are more tedious than the process of scheduling and attending an appointment, dental or otherwise. That’s why we promise to make you comfortable, treat you with the utmost respect, and help you get on with your day. We pride ourselves on being friendly, understanding people who know what you are going through, and we promise to support you every step of the way!
What Happens at My First Visit?
First, you should schedule a dentist appointment (online, over the phone, or in-person). Be sure to set reminders on your phone or even a physical calendar so you don’t miss your appointment! Then, at your initial appointment, we'll perform a thorough oral exam, take x-rays, and check for issues such as tooth decay, gum disease, and other problems that can affect not only your mouth but your overall health. Lastly, we’ll discuss personalized treatment options that can help you achieve and maintain optimal oral health.
Dental Cleaning Expectations
Below, you will find things to expect from a typical dental cleaning appointment:
- Teeth cleaning: The main goal of cleaning is for the teeth to be cleaned and polished. Your hygienist will scrub both the front and back of each tooth with a high-grade professional toothpaste and an electronic toothbrush, both of which help remove plaque and tartar that may have accumulated.
- Flossing: Your hygienist will floss in between each tooth, which is essential for removing built-up food and keeping the gums and teeth healthy. Many people make the mistake of not flossing every day, which is why it's so important during a dental cleaning appointment.
- Troubleshooting: During your exam, your dentist will keep an eye out for cavities, gum inflammation, and other issues that may affect your oral health. If a problem is found, we may suggest a follow-up appointment to remedy the situation.
- Setting up Future Visits: Consistency is key in maintaining good oral hygiene. This not only includes regularly taking care of your smile at home but also scheduling a dental exam every 6 months or so. Life is hectic, and it can be easy for things like dentist appointments to slide to the backburner. Scheduling your appointment while at the dentist is a great way to make sure your next visit is set!
What to Expect FAQs
What is the Importance of Oral Health?
Oral hygiene is vital for eliminating harmful bacteria in the mouth. Bacteria accumulates and forms plaque that can harden, leading to long-term ailments such as gingivitis if not removed. A good dental care routine and regular 6-month checkups will keep your mouth healthy while preventing inflammation, infection, decay, and tooth loss.
Why Get a Dental Exam?
Dental exams help us in evaluating the effectiveness of your current routine while providing suggestions to protect you from common complications such as cavities and gum disease. They also allow us to quickly and easily detect and fix problems.
How Can You Prepare for a Dental Exam?
Practicing good oral hygiene is the best way to prepare for your upcoming dental exam. We recommend brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing at least once a day. Before you arrive for your appointment, make sure to brush your teeth. We’ll clean your teeth for you, but it’s helpful to remove as much plaque as possible beforehand so we can focus on more urgent areas. Be prepared to share your medical history, insurance coverage, and current dental care methods with us. Don’t be embarrassed – it's best to be honest about your oral hygiene habits. We are not here to judge you, but to work with you to improve your oral health!
Don’t forget to bring:
- Dental X-rays from the last six months (we can take X-rays if you don’t have any)
- Your medical and dental history information, including any medications you’re currently prescribed
- Your dental insurance card (if applicable)
- Your parent or guardian (if you’re under 18)
How Long Does a Dental Cleaning Take?
Depending on a patient’s oral health, the average dental cleaning procedure can take anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes. During your visit you can expect your hygienist to take x-rays, thoroughly evaluate your gums and overall oral health. Once your overall oral health is evaluated this will provide us the necessary information to determine if we are able to proceed with a cleaning or if you will need to return for a more in depth deep cleaning. Once your hygienist has finished, the doctor will come in to complete a comprehensive examination of your teeth, mouth, and an oral cancer screening to determine if any restorative procedures will be necessary. If any treatment is necessary your doctor and hygienist will create a treatment plan that details the procedures they are recommending for your next visit.
Are you ready to smile? Book your dental exam today with Goldstein Garber & Salama in Atlanta, Georgia at 404-261-4941!
At Goldstein, Garber & Salama, we’re proud to welcome patients not just from Atlanta and Georgia, but from all throughout the U.S. If you’re planning a visit to our office for world-class dental care, we hope this information will help you plan your visit and make it fun, too!
Hotels Near Our Office – Stay In Style In Atlanta
Our office is located northwest of downtown Atlanta and southeast of Marietta. If you’re looking to book a stay close to our office, here are our top recommendations:
- Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center - This hotel is located right in the Cobb Galleria, moments away from our office.
- Sheraton Suites Galleria-Atlanta - The Sheraton is another popular hotel among our patients, and is right around the corner from our office.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Galleria - This hotel by Hilton offers spacious, two-room suites, and is also very close to Goldstein, Garber & Salama.
Our Lunch And Breakfast Recommendations
If you’re looking to keep things simple for lunch and breakfast and you want to stay close by our office, there’s a Starbucks in our complex at 200 Galleria Parkway, where you can get coffee, pastries, breakfast sandwiches, and more. You can also stop by Cafe 200, a no-frills cafeteria located in the same building, offering salad, sandwiches, and plenty of other simple yet satisfying dishes. If you’re interested in going further afield, our two top recommendations are Goldbergs Fine Foods and OK Cafe. Goldbergs Fine Foods is a NY-style deli with a huge menu of sandwiches, bagels, and specialty dishes. OK Cafe is a classic Southern-style restaurant with homestyle dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, too. Don’t miss out on their fried chicken!
Ready For A Night Out? Explore These Restaurants
If you’ve got time for a night out on the town, we’ve got a few recommendations for you! If you love fine dining, Rays on the River is a go-to for upscale steak and seafood, along with excellent views. Canoe offers laid-back dining on the Chattahoochee River, with a wide variety of vegan and vegetarian options. Rumi's Kitchen is another favorite, where you’ll find a wide variety of Persian menu favorites like kebabs and flatbread in a welcoming atmosphere. Pricci, located in Buckhead, about five miles south of our practice, serves up classic Italian dishes with a modern flair. And if seafood is your thing, you won’t want to miss out on Kyma, with its Greek-inspired menu focusing on fresh fish, as well as a variety of vegetarian and vegan options.
Our Recreation & Shopping Recommendations
Our office is located right across the street from The Battery, which is home to the Atlanta Braves stadium, as well as a ton of other unique restaurants, bars, and entertainment opportunities. You can catch a Braves game if it’s baseball season, or just explore the unique shops and eateries in The Battery.
We’re also just a few minutes from Cumberland Mall, one of the largest luxury malls in Atlanta, with 150+ stores and restaurants. Whether you’re looking to shop, eat, or sip, you’ll find plenty to do at the Cumberland Mall.
Have More Questions Or Need More Info? Contact Goldstein, Garber & Salama!
We hope you’re excited about planning your trip to Goldstein, Garber & Salama. If you need any other information or booking assistance, our team is here to help. Feel free to contact us online or give us a call at 404-261-4941 to get in touch with our team right away.